Where? Barcelona, Spain When? March 19, 2022 Genres? Latin music, especially from alternative and non-commercial artists.
General information Monumental Club 2022
As every year, the Monumental Club takes place in the old Monumental bullring in Barcelona. Although this edition of Monumental Club will be held in one day, this time the festival will have a double session.
In the morning, the festival will be focused on families, with Monumental Kids. There will be activities, workshops and proposals for all audiences. Among the proposals are the "koinobori" flag making workshop and a postcard workshop.
There will also be a space for creation, as well as one for free movement and one for discovery. As if that were not enough, you can also find clowns and makeup artists for the little ones to paint their faces.
Monumental Kids will last until 4 pm.
In the afternoon there will be the usual festival program, where there will be many options to enjoy Latin music.
In addition, there will be food trucks with top quality food all over the festival grounds.
Monumental Club 2022 Poster
The artists who have not wanted to miss this event are:
- Lenin "Güiroloco"
- Jiménez y su Orquestra (Héctor Lavoe Special)
- Ray Cuza & Septeto Sazonando
- Tupinamba Sound
- Gulf of Guinea
- Much Boogaloo
- Lali Begood (in Monumental Kids)
Where is Monumental Club 2022 being held?
The old Barcelona bullring"La Monumental" is in charge of hosting the festival and giving it its name. It was inaugurated in 1914 but did not receive the name Monumental until its enlargement and reopening in 1916.
It stopped hosting bullfights in 2010, when the Parliament of Catalonia voted in favor of the abolition of bullfighting. Despite the fact that it was created to hold bullfights, the square has been hosting concerts since the 1960s.
It has hosted artists such as The Beatles in 1965, The Rolling Stones in 1976, Bob Marley in 1980 or Bruce Springsteen in 1992.
Today the square is used only for concerts, sporting events, circus and other events.
If you do not live in the city of Barcelona it can be a good opportunity to visit it. Besides, La Monumental is located very close to the center. Therefore, there are many hotels nearby. We suggest you some hotels where you can stay:
- Hotel Glòries
- SM Hotel Teare Auditori
- Eurostars Monumental
- SM Hotel Sant Antoni
- Antibes Act
- Hotel Best Aranea
- Hotel Serhs Carlit
Within the festival grounds there is a wide range of food trucks where you can enjoy quality food. However, if you need suggestions outside the bullring, we recommend some restaurants:
- Restaurant El Ñaño Bellaterra
- El Pibe
- Novecento Restaurant
- Bona Sort Sushi
- Ayres del Sur
- Las Mañanitas
- Gorría Restaurant
- Vic Braseria
- El Chato
How to get to Monumental Club 2022
If you want to go to Barcelona to enjoy Monumental Club 2022, you are in luck because it is a very well connected city. Some of the options to get there are:
- Plane: Barcelona airport has connections with the main Spanish cities, as well as a large number of foreign cities.
- Train: Sants station and France station receive trains from many Spanish towns and cities. There are also rail connections with some French cities.
- Bus: stations such as the North Station or the Fabra i Puig Station receive buses from many cities and towns around Spain.
- Metro: once you are in Barcelona, the nearest metro stop is called Monumental. It belongs to the L2 line.
- City bus: bus lines such as 7, H12, V21 arrive to the square.
Monumental Club 2022 tickets
There are different types of tickets. It depends on where you buy them and for which session you want them.
- Morning tickets (from 12h to 16h) bought online: from 5€.
- Afternoon tickets (from 4pm to 10pm) purchased online: from 10€.
- Morning tickets (from 12h to 16h) purchased at the box office: 8€.
- Afternoon tickets (from 4pm to 10pm) purchased at the box office: 15€.
- Tickets for children under 3 years old: free