General information Pyrenees South 2022
The Pirineos Sur festival, also called International Festival of Cultures, celebrates its twenty-ninth edition this year 2022. For thirty years the festival has been a meeting point for different musical genres from all continents.
In 1994, the festival began to choose a specific theme on which to focus and on which each of the editions of the festival will revolve. Some of the themes chosen for previous years have been: the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, the music of Islam, in the footsteps of black music, the music of the Sahel, Africa Urbis, Black Atlantic or Plural Feminine.
The Pirineos Sur Festival is held during different weekends. The first round of performances takes place from Friday July 15 to Sunday July 17. The second one from Friday July 22 to Sunday July 24. And the third and last one takes place during four days, from Thursday 28th to Sunday 31st July.
Pirineos Sur 2022 Poster
There will be two artists every day of the festival. The musicians who have not wanted to miss this event are:
- Friday July 15: Estopa and Maruja Limón.
- Saturday July 16: Residente and Rayden
- Sunday July 17: Dubioza Kolektiv and Zoo
- Friday July 22: Fuel Fandango and Amadou & Mariam
- Saturday July 23rd: Crystal Fighters and Tu Otra Bonita
- Sunday, July 24: B Vocal
- Thursday 28 July: La M.O.D.A and Viki and The Wild
- Friday July 29th: Rozalén and Travis Birds
- Saturday, July 30: Goran Bregovic and Balkan Paradise Orcherstra
- Sunday July 31: Ara Malikian
Where does Pirineos Sur 2022 take place?
The Pirineos Sur festival is held in the Tena Valley, located in the center of the Aragonese Pyrenees. Bathed by the Gállego river, this area has a great diversity and beautiful landscapes. You can admire glaciers, ravines, reservoirs and high peaks.
The chosen location offers a lot of outdoor activities, such as hiking, visiting viewpoints or other adventure activities. In addition, there are many services, such as bars, restaurants and other stores. It is also a place steeped in history and legends, which are still kept alive today.
The Pirineos Sur festival has two different stages. One of them is located in Sallent de Gállego, at an altitude of 1,305 meters. This is a typical Aragonese village.
However, the main stage and venue of the festival is located in Lanuza, at an altitude of 1,284 meters. It has a floating stage on the Lanuza reservoir, capacity for 5,500 people and a bar-restaurant. In addition, different initiatives such as a circus, dance or parades are carried out.
Due to the location of the festival, you will most likely have to sleep in the area. Especially if you want to enjoy the Pirineos Sur for more than one day. To make it easier for you, we suggest some hotels in Lanuza and Sallent de Gállego.
So that you don't have to worry about anything, in TopFestivales we suggest you some restaurants near the festival area. But remember that in the Natural de Lanuza stage there is a bar-restaurant service.
- Tres Quiñones Restaurant
- Restaurant-Asador Xasa Marton
- Jaimico House
- Pizzeria El Arrigo Bar-Restaurant
- Restaurant Malinche
- Restaurant Garmo Blanco
How to get to the festival Pirineos Sur 2022
To get to the festival area you have several options.
- Bus: there are daily buses to Huesca, which is located 85 kilometers from Sallent. They leave from many Spanish provinces
- Train: the nearest station is in Huesca.
- Plane: the closest airports to the area are Zaragoza and Pau in France.
- Car: you can easily get there by car. In addition, there are parking areas where you can leave your car.
Pyrenees South 2022 tickets
There are different tickets, depending on the days you want to attend. This way you will be able to see only the artists you are most interested in. All of them are for one day only.
- Tickets Friday July 15th: 35 €.
- Tickets Saturday July 16th: 30 €.
- Tickets Sunday July 17th: 20 €.
- Friday, July 22nd Tickets: 30 € 30 € 30 € 30 € 30 € 30
- Saturday July 23rd Tickets: 32 € 32 € 32
- Sunday, July 24th Tickets: 15 € Tickets Sunday, July 24th Tickets: 15 € Tickets Thursday, July 28th Tickets: 25 €
- Thursday, July 28th Tickets: 25 € Tickets
- Friday, July 29th Tickets: 30 € Tickets Friday, July 29th Tickets: 30 €
- Saturday, July 30th Tickets: 30 € 30 € 30 € 30 € 30 € 30 € 30 € 30 € 30 € 30
- Sunday July 31st Tickets: 35 € 35
But, if you prefer, you can also purchase one of the season tickets to attend all the concerts in the same weekend.
- Season ticket July 15, 16 and 17: sold out
- Subscription July 21, 22 and 23: 70 €.
- Subscription 28, 29 and 30 July: 70 €.