Where? Benicàssim When? From 16 to 22 August 2022 Genres: Europe's biggest reggae festival!
Rototom 2022: general information
Rototom Sunsplash is its full name although everyone knows it simply as Rototom. It is a music festival that has been held since 2010 in Benicassim, although it should be noted that it is actually an Italian event since it was founded in 1994 in Gaio di Spilimbergo, in the Italian province of Pordenone.
In this festival you can enjoy the best of reggae, and you know what, it turns out that this festival is the largest and most important of its kind in Europe, and received recognition and sponsorship of UNESCO as a Flagship Event of the International Decade for a Culture of Peace and Nonviolence.
In addition, this event hosts the best national and international artists of the genre. Some of the artists who have performed on its stages are TheNew Generation of Dub International, Dub Ambassadors, Eva Lazarus & The Young Robotiks, Acsel & The Reggae Rebel Band, Chronixx, The Abyssinians, Macaco and Lila Iké, among others.
Do you dare to vibrate to the rhythm of reggae surrounded by more than 200,000 people? If so, we have good news for you, because Rototom returns in 2022 to make you enjoy the best atmosphere and the best music from 16 to 22 August 2022.
Rototom 2022 line-up: confirmed artists and bands
The organization of the festival has already announced on its website some of the artists who will be present for the Rototom 2022 edition, although there are still many more to be confirmed. From Topfestivales we tell you who they are:
- Barrington Levy
- Julian Marley & The Uprising
- Inna De Yard
- Morodo & Okoumé Lions
- Hempress Sativa
- Nkulee Dube & The Higher Power
- Aza Lineage & The High Tide Band
- Soom T & The Stone Monks
- Marcus Gad & Tribe
- La Dame Blanche
- Jahsta & Conscious Vives Band
- The Dualers
- Droop Lion
And many more that you can find on their website!
Where is Rototom 2022 held?
The Rototom festival, as we said before, is held in the town of Benicàssim, in Castellón. Specifically, the event takes place on the sand of the Gurugú beach in Castelló.
Hotels near Rototom
Although the festival also offers camping tickets to stay inside the enclosure, from Topfestivales we know that some of you prefer to stay in a hotel, so we bring you some of the closest hotels:
You can also consider other cheaper options among the apartments offered by Airbnb on their website.
Restaurants near Rototom
So that you can recharge your batteries while you enjoy a good meal, we also recommend some of the restaurants closest to the venue, so you don't have to go far away:
- Nou Escull
- Tasca del Puerto
- Restaurant Rafael
- Casa Lola
How to get to Rototom
To get to the festival site, from Topfestivales we suggest you the following options:
- Plane. The nearest airport is Castellón Airport, although it is still about 45 kilometers away, so the best option would be to take a bus, a rental car or a taxi to the center of Castellón.
- Train. The best option is to take a train from your city to Castellón train station. Once there you will have to go to the Intermodal Station and take the T1 towards Grau, where you will have to get off. There you will only be a few minutes walk from the venue.
- By bus. You can get to Benicassim by bus from anywhere on the peninsula with companies like Avanza or Hife, where you will find the best route. Once there, the best thing to do is to take a regional train towards Valencia, which stops in Castellón and get off there. And then take the T1 as in the previous option, which will leave you a few minutes walk from the festival.
- By car. It's always the most comfortable and flexible option and besides, with google maps you won't get lost! You can also consider other options such as carpooling on blablacar or renting a car if you don't have your own.
Rototom 2022 tickets
Tickets for Rototom 2022 are now available for sale. Ticket prices and season tickets from:
- 7 day pass: from 170 euros
- 6 day pass: from 165 euros
- 5 day pass: from 140 euros
- 4 Day Pass: from 115 euros
- 3 Day Pass: from 95 euros
- 2 Day Pass: from 70 euros