The name of the LEV Festival stands for Laboratorio de Electrónica Visual. This will be already the 16th edition of the festival. The main intention of the festival is to become a platform for production, dissemination and experimentation, especially focused on electronic music, art or audiovisual creation.
It wants to offer something more than a traditional festival. LEV Festival bets on immersive experiences, virtual and augmented reality or performance, as well as exhibitions and art installations.
There are many artists have not wanted to miss this new edition of LEV Festival after two years of hiatus. Some of them are these:
- Lubomyr Melnyk + Spime.im feat. Julia Kent: The end of the World
- Klara Lewis + Nik Void with Pedro Maia
- Martin Messier
- Echo Chamber
- Jana Rush
- Forms - String Quartet
- Jason Sharp
- Soft as snow
But there are still many more to be confirmed, don't miss them!
The festival will be held in the Asturian city of Gijón. The concerts will take place in three different venues in the city. The first location is La Laboral, a palatial theater that has been baptized as the city of culture. The concerts will be divided between the Art Center and the Laboral Theater. The venue where both are located is situated in the southeast of the city, somewhat away from the center.
Another of the venues chosen to hold this festival is the Jovellanos Theater. The Theater is located in the very center of the city and it is very easy to get there.
The third of the locations where the LEV Festival is held is the Museum of the People of Asturias. This is located in the east of the city, very close to the soccer stadium El Molinón.
Gijón is one of the most important cities in the Principality of Asturias. A large part of the city has access to the sea and there are several beaches. In addition, the city is surrounded by meadows and nature.
If you do not live in the city of Gijón or in the surrounding area, the best thing to do is to stay if you want to enjoy the LEV Festival to the fullest. For this, we recommend some hotels.
- NH Gijon
- Castilla Hotel
- Central Hotel
- Hotel Playa Poniente
- Hotel Príncipe de Asturias
- ARTIEM Asturias
- Hotel Arena
- Zentral Gijón Rey Pelayo Hotel
So you can have something to eat before or after enjoying the concerts and experiences of the festival, we suggest some restaurants.
Near the Jovellanos theater:
- Restaurante As de Picas
- Restaurant el Llagar de Borgoña
- La Sidrería de Alberto
- Ataulfo House
Near La Laboral
- La Laboral's kitchen
- La Isla Farm
Near the Museum of the People of Asturias:
- La Salgar
- Galician Lands
- Lúpulo Grill
- La Cañada Real Molinón
If you do not live in the Asturian city of Gijón, you will have to go there to enjoy the LEV Festival. You can go there with your car or with any of these options
- Train: Gijón has a train station, so it has connections with many cities in Spain.
- Plane: Asturias Airport receives flights from the main cities in Spain and Paris. There are hourly buses to the city of Gijón.
- Bus: Gijón has a bus station, which connects with many national points.
For the LEV Festival there are different types of tickets, depending on the days you want to attend.
- Two-day pass for April 29th and 30th: includes access to all the activities that take place during these two days. The price is 65 €.
- Ticket for Sunday May 1: it is valid for access to the shows at the Jovellanos Theater during this day, as well as the daytime activities held at the Museum of the People of Asturias. Its price is 20 € if you want access to a seat or to the mezzanine. If you prefer the general admission, it will cost 17 €.
There are also tickets for individual days:
- Ticket for Friday, April 29: 20 €.
- Ticket for Saturday, April 30: 55 €. Valid for daytime activities at Teatro de la Laboral and evening activities at LABoral Centro de Arte on this day.
- Ticket for the night of Saturday, April 30: 35 €. Valid only for evening activities.
- Ticket for Saturday, April 39, Museo pueblo de Asturias: 10 €. Valid only for this day and the activities of this enclosure.
- Ticket for Sunday, May 1st, Museo Pueblo de Asturias: 10 €. Only valid for this day and the activities of this enclosure.